Saturday 15 February 2014

Hot Chicken Dip

Hot Chicken Dip:

2 chicken breasts, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup ranch dressing 
1/4 -1/2 cup BBQ sauce OR Hot sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded marble cheese, separated

Cook chicken in a frying pan. Set chicken aside. Wipe the frying pan clean and then put the Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing and BBQ or Hot Sauce into the frying pan. Start with 1/4 cup BBQ or Hot Sauce. Turn burner on low-medium heat. Stir cream cheese mixture until softened and ingredients are combined evenly. Do a taste test to see if you want more BBQ or Hot sauce added. Add up to another 1/4 cup according to your taste. Add chicken and 1 cup cheese. Mix together. Pour into a baking dish- I like to use a pie plate. Sprinkle with additional 1/2 cup cheese. Bake @ 350 for about 10 minutes, just until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with Tortilla chips or crackers. So Yummy!!!
The original recipe calls for Hot Sauce. I am not a fan of Hot Sauce but I love it in this recipe. I made this for my nieces the other day and I didn't have Hot Sauce at home so we used BBQ Sauce instead which was really good too! Next time I make it I will try adding Bacon and/or green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment