Monday 12 January 2015

Vegetable Soup

Vegetable Soup:

3 tbsp olive oil
1  small onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic ( I like to use the stuff in a jar, which is equivalent to 2-3 cloves)
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 box beef broth(946 ml)
3 cups tomato juice
4 large potatoes,peeled and cubed
1/4-1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2-3 tbsp chicken soup base
1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1 quart jar canned green beans, drained
2 tins tomato soup
2 tins vegetable soup
2-4 cups water ( more or less depending on how thick you want your soup)

Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion, carrots and garlic. Saute for at least 5 minutes. Pour in beef broth and tomato juice. Add potatoes, Italian seasoning, chicken soup base, seasoned pepper, seasoning salt, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes. Add green beans, tomato soup, vegetable soup and water. Continue to simmer until corn and peas are cooked, another 20-30 minutes.

My first attempt at my own vegetable soup. I started following a recipe on Pinterest and totally switched it up because that is just what I do. I got my mother in laws approval, which is a pretty big deal because she is the queen of soup making so I decided to blog it. Hope you all enjoy! Feel free to tweak it to your liking as well :)

3 comments:

  1. MMmmmmm that sounds good, will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Is an amazing soup!! I added 1/2cup washed, uncooked barley to it. Was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete