Friday 2 January 2015

Toad in a Hole

Toad in a Hole:

1 slice of bread of your choice
Butter or Margarine
1 Egg
Salt & Pepper to taste

Spray frying pan with cooking spray. Place on a burner turned on medium heat. Spread butter or margarine on both sides of the bread. Use a cookie cutter to remove the center of the bread. I like to be creative and use hearts, stars or flowers. Remove center piece of bread and set aside, Place bread into frying pan. Crack your egg into the hole of your bread slice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until bread is nicely browned and egg is ready to be turned. Use a spatula and flip the bread/egg being careful not to pierce the yolk, unless of course that is your preference. Continue to cook the second side for a few minutes or until the egg is cooked to your preference. Remove from frying pan. Place the center piece of bread into the frying pan. Flip once the bottom is nicely browned and do the same for the second side.
This is a quick and delicious breakfast. My mom made this numerous times for me when I was growing up and now I enjoy making it for my kiddos:)

No comments:

Post a Comment